Lisa brings over twenty years of experience to each session. Graduating from The Boulder School of Massage in 1991 was only a jumping block from which she has developed a skilled and caring touch. Her education in Swedish, Integrative, NMT, Shiatsu, Prenatal and Lymphatic Massage have equipped her with the tools to help facilitate pain relief, stress reduction, and overall feeling of well being. The formative years of working along side psychotherapists and chiropractors strengthened her knowledge and experience, while revealing the unique needs of each individual. After the birth of her two children and many years practicing her art at Trimble Hot Springs Lisa followed her heart to a private practice. Being welcomed into the Namaste family in 2004 she enjoys the deeper connection of a community practice. Gardening, growing children with her husband, playing piano,reading and skiing are but a few of her personal passions.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
― Leo F. Buscaglia
Lisa finds herself wearing many hats at the clinic. You may meet her in the sauna room flipping towels on the hydrotherapy table or greeting you at the front desk. She looks forward to meeting you.
The benefits of massage are comprehensive and an integral part of many rehabilitation programs. An increasing number of studies show that massage:
- Relieves musculoskeletal pain,stiffness, swelling, numbness an tingling
- Alleviates repetitive motion injury, migraine/tension headaches, and fibromyalgia
- Reduces blood pressure, depression, anxiety,and PMS.
- Enhances immunity,circulation,and mental alertness
- Promotes faster recovery post-op and deeper sleep
- Creates body-mind connection
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Satisfies our need for caring, nurturing touch